Fantastic Phonics & Word Study
Fantastic Phonics & Word Study is a series of interactive lesson plans and activities that support phonemic awareness, phonics instruction, and word study using books that are easily found in most school or classroom libraries.
These resources can be used as a supplement to our Thinking through Reading lesson plans or as a stand alone activity.
The Fantastic Phonics & Word Study lesson plans and activities provide an opportunity for readers to do the following:
- Learn about words in the context of their reading
- Talk about words with other readers
- Practice using specific word parts and patterns
- Interact with words in an engaging and meaningful way
- Discover and attend to words in their independent reading
You Can Use the Fantastic Phonics & Word Study Series to Teach the Following
Click on each Phonics/Word Study focus to learn more
Hard / Soft C
Stellaluna (long /e/ea, ee)
Initial Consonant Blends
The Lorax (ch, sh, th, wh, ph)